FWP a partner of Heritage Pool Supply, is seeking a self-motivated team player to be our next Local CDL Driver.
The primary duty of the Driver is to deliver Pool products to a customer’s place of business or a job site. Drivers operate within a maximum radius of their home branch, with deliveries originating and ending at the branch (no deliveries result in an overnight stay). Primary Monday to Friday with opportunity for overtime during busy seasons.
- BE SAFE!
- Safely drive a commercial vehicle in compliance with all DOT regulations
- Loading, unloading, and staging orders in a warehouse/jobsite environment.
- Delivering to customer sites/branch locations, unloading products as needed.
- Understanding and adherence to the regulations detailed in the FMCSA.
- Other related duties as assigned, such as stocking, order entry, shipping/receiving, etc.
- Delivers items by preparing, loading, unloading, and Operating Truck.
- Prepares truck for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; validating adherence to road ability standards.
- Loads truck by ordering, placing, and securing items.
- Delivers items by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the truck; unloading items; maintaining schedule.
- Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck interior.
- Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records by obtaining signed delivery receipts; recording tracking information; completing driver log and truck performance forms.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid CDL License
- Must be a safe driver with no hit & runs or no DWI or DUI convictions within the last three years. One or more accidents and/or severe violations in the last year will be reviewed by HR and Management.
- Prior commercial driving experience and knowledge of DOT & OSHA safety regulations for Logistic Specialists a plus.
- HAZMAT endorsement a plus.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Forklift experience helpful
- (Other type of truck experience ie: Moffett, etc.)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a repetitive basis
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test and DOT physical
Job Location: FWP Florida Water Products - Sarasota
2415 Whitfield Industrial Way Sarasota, FL 34243
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran Friendly Employer. Heritage Pool Supply Group believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.
- Competitive salaries for all team members paid weekly
- Private Stock Ownership
- Equity Growth Incentive Plan (after 6 months of employment)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays, Birthday, and Floating Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Flexible and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Additional Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability also offered
- Safety Program with Bonuses for our Drivers
- Employee Referral Bonus Program